Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Grilled Cheese Sandwich

I really need to get this off my chest. This is a some what embarrassing and little known fact about me. I was in ninth grade sitting in intro to trigonometry and contemplating how simple yet satisfying the grilled cheese sandwich was. Only up until that moment I called it a Gorilla Cheese sandwich and I started wondering what gorillas had to do with this particular sandwich. The light came on, and I realized gorillas weren’t involved at all. It’s actually called the grilled cheese sandwich which of course made a lot more sense. But why had I referred to it as the gorilla cheese sandwich? I new my mom would have the answer and it was really bugging me. I tried to call her while in between classes but she was out and I was tardy to my next class. Unfortunately my football coach taught that class and it cost me six extra laps after practice that day. That evening my mom explained that when I was two I couldn’t say grilled but I could say gorilla, and it stayed that way at lease for me, until that day. I must have been so cute. It’s still a gorilla cheese to mom and probably always will be. WHAT EVER DAVID!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Its not a Gorilla Cheese?

Unknown said...

So why is it called "Grilled" cheese if you fry it in a pan?

Ginny said...

I think Gorilla cheese is a perfectly acceptable name. Its much better than my brother calling his sandwich penisbutter and jelly!

Wanagl said...

Well, your right about the part that you were "cute" at two....

Ginny said...

Awwwwwww he was cute when he was 2? Makes you kinda want to pinch his little cheeks! :)

Unknown said...

Two things about this....
1. You were in trig @ 9th grade
2. You were in 9th grade and still thought it was called gorilla cheese.
No wonder we peed in your shampoo.

I'm randy said...

That's pretty funny...unless you really were in the 9th grade before the light went on.
I know this, it's almost noon and I am going downstairs to offer Cari a penisbutter and jelly sandwich.